The Aberdeen Wings are proud to announce that the 2013-2014-specialty jersey auction will benefit Safe Harbor. The auction will take place after the Wings home game on October 26th. This will be the 4th year the Wings have done a specialty jersey auction and to date have raised over $61,000. Safe Harbor’s mission is to Empower individuals in abusive situations by providing advocacy and support services; to educate and motivate the community to be proactive in eliminating abuse. The goal of Safe Harbor is to provide shelter and resources to people in crisis situations. No person should live in fear within their home. To achieve our goal, Safe Harbor will provide a non-judgmental, supportive environment, respecting the dignity and well-being of those we assist. Our philosophy does not condone violence of any kind.
Safe Harbor currently serves a seven county area in north central and northeastern South Dakota including, Brown, Campbell, Day, Edmunds, Marshall, McPherson and Potter counties. The population served is relatively diverse.
Family violence, child abuse, elder abuse and sexual assault are a reality within our own community and throughout the country. These issues know no economic, social, age, racial or religious boundaries.
To empower individuals, educate the community and eliminate abuse.
Abusive situations such as domestic violence, child abuse, elder abuse, sexual assault, bullying and stalking are a reality within our own community and throughout the country. These abusive situations know no economic, social, age, or religious background. We oppose the use of violence as a means of control over others and support equality in relationships and the concept of helping individuals assume power over their lives.
Safe Harbor’s goal is to eliminate the cycle of abuse. The purpose of our agency is:
- To provide 24 hour crisis intervention and advocacy support;
- To supply a safe shelter;
- To provide a safe and supportive environment for families through supervised visitation/exchanges;
- To educate and create awareness in the community about abuse;
- To retain qualified staff and volunteers to carry out all agency functions;
- To maintain a diverse and committed Board of Directors to carry out the policymaking functions of the agency;
- To operate in a fiscally responsible manner to ensure financial stability;
- To continue networking with local and state agencies to ensure a positive working relationship.
For more information go to www.safeharborsd.org